Wednesday, October 2, 2013

You know you're a mom when...

I have never been one to be in the mindset of "I must have THIS particular brand" of baby clothing, toys, furniture diapers.  I've been the person to go for whatever is the cheapest or what I can get a better deal on.  No we're not broke nor do we NEED to get cheap diapers but there's nothing wrong with wanting to save money, right? - (Please don't get your panties in a wad.  That statement in no way is trying to insinuate that you're broke if you buy off brand) -  Yes, I still have the ever so popular name brands (Huggies & Pampers), but I've also taken a liking to store brand diapers.  In my opinion, they work just as good.  Ok, they aren't as cute (no Elmo or Mickey) but they do the job.

 I've always preferred the Pampers Swaddlers because, not only are they blanket soft (yes, I would cover my body in Swaddlers to stay warm at night) but they have the best invention ever...the wet indicator.  I cannot even begin to tell you how many diapers I've changed that weren't wet (and yet I still threw them out).  It may sound crazy or even a little OCD but once I've removed a diaper from little T's tushy, I just can't put it back on.  I know, I know...wasteful, especially for someone looking to save money.  The only problem, we can't use these diapers on Tommy anymore (enter big sad face here).  Ever since he developed eczema, these Swaddlers have caused irritation on him.  We (along with his Pediatrician) believe it's from the slight scent that these diapers have so, for the last 2 1/2 months or so, no more wet indicator for these parents, boo hoo.

Well, you know you're a mom when you get super excited over a diaper.  YES, this was me this morning.  I opened up a box of Target brand diapers from Tommy's stockpile (see photos below) and....wait for it......they had the WET INDICATOR!!!  Oh my goodness I can't even begin to tell you how excited I was/am.  We bought these diapers originally because they were hypoallergenic, on clearance AND there was a Target cartwheel offer for an additional 20% off (if you haven't heard of cartwheel, you can check it out here).  Hello, remember me??  Saving a dollar momma?  If that's not incentive to buy a box then I don't know what is.  So, I probably wouldn't cover my body at night with these ones but they are soft enough & Tommy doesn't seem to mind nor do I think he even cares (he's 5 months for goodness sakes).  But you know who does care....this lady right here and what's even better....they're still on clearance at Target!! Whoop whoop!!

My day....MADE!!
 Tommy's, ever so growing, stockpile.  It's a good thing
he has his own walk-in closet!
 The "magical" box
You see that yellow line?  Yep, wet indicator...wahoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment